It’s no secret to those who know me that I’m a big fan of social media, which will be it’s own post in the coming weeks but one of my latest addictions is “Instagram”. Yep you guessed it, another app this time for my phone (are you sensing a theme here?).
Instagram essentially is a photo sharing app which allows you to see other’s photos and “like” or comment on them. It’s got a huge following and includes some famous names like Jamie Oliver. Apparently some kid named Justin something-that-starts-with-a-B join and their membership skyrocketed. Hmmm.
Anyway it’s really an app I enjoy and here is why:
* I can share pics on both FB and Twitter (and other media if I desire) in one go. I can also easily select which sites I post to with a flick of my finger.
* People say nice things about your photos and that’s always nice isn’t it 🙂 You can see some of my more popular pics in this post.
* There’s a bunch of filters that you can apply to even the most mundane picture to make it look interesting. Sometimes I even take pics with other camera apps using their filters and then apply the Instagram ones. It makes for some very interesting pics.
* Just like Twitter you can use hashtags on your pics to help people see them. My follwing and “likes” per pic went up significantly since I started using them.
* It just creates a bit of creativity in your day. I’ve been trying to post a pic a day (though I may take them at other times) to boost my creativity and get me out of the mundane work mindset.
* It makes you realise there are some EXTREMELY talented people out there. Some of the pics I see in my feed are amazing.
* It helps you look at normal things in a different way. I’ve been enjoying that. Even items on my bookcase are fair game and I’d never thought of that before.
* Liking other peoples pics enable you to go back and look at them later which is both pleasant and inspirational.
* You can see what inspires others. I enjoy my friend Gen’s pics so I can see what is inspiring her that day or what she’s been up to.
So do you have any apps that you can’t do without that really brighten your day? Let me know! In the meantime, come find me on Instagram!